Equality, inclusion and diversity
The Shetland Museum and Archives is managed by the Shetland Amenity Trust on behalf of Shetland Islands Council and the Shetland Community.
The Shetland Amenity Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting all of Shetland’s heritage ensuring it is accessible and enjoyed by all
We commit to pro-actively:
- support the Shetland heritage sector, acknowledging that our island’s history and heritage is an invaluable tool in fighting discrimination in all its forms;
- facilitate anti-discrimination debate and discussion in the care of and access to our heritage collection;
- seek and take care of the needs of an inclusive heritage workforce and audience;
- continue to develop diverse and representative collections; and,
- ask questions and challenge practices that support inclusion in all of its forms.
Policy and Action
The Shetland Amenity Trust has policies and action plans in place which are monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure we are proactivley pursing our equality, inclusion and diversity ambtions.