Shetland Museum and Archives Auditorium is a spacious and airy room with retractable seating, allowing the large area to be used in a variety of different ways to suit all types of event.
Located just off the main Foyer, the space has hosted a number of different events including lectures, conferences, films, award ceremonies, weddings and book launches. The room has also been used for activities such as chess tournaments, junior reading sessions and family fun days.
For comfortable theatre style seating, the space has capacity for 122 people, including wheelchair spaces. With seating retracted, the 98m2 of floor space can accommodate up to 90 people seated with tables, or 140 standing. Up to 60 people can be seated for a meal, with buffet style service.
The Auditorium is fully equipped with many technical features including:
- Surround-sound audio system
- Cinema quality projection system
- Wired and wireless broadband
- Fully controllable air conditioning and lighting systems
- Podium with microphone, or handheld and lapel wireless microphones
- Option to deliver live internet broadcast – in partnership with Promote Shetland and 60north TV