An award winning service
- Theme Park and Visitor Attraction Awards - Children's Visitor Attraction of the Year (2010)
- Theme Park and Visitor Attraction Awards - Best Museum or Gallery (2010)
- Semi-finalist - National Lottery Awards 2009 (best heritage project). (2009)
- Nominated for European Museum of the Year Award 2009
- Winner – BURA Awards 2008: Best Practice in Regeneration. (2008)
- Winner – The Wood Awards 2008. The Museum and Archives won both the Commercial and Public Access category and the overall Gold Award. (2008)
- Commendation – Scottish Design awards 2008: Northern Exposure. Hay’s Dock was also short listed in the best reuse of a listed building category.
- Commendation - Regeneration and Renewal Awards 2008: Environmentally Sustainable Regeneration Scheme.
- Finalist - Art Fund Prize 2008, and winner of the independent public poll which ran alongside this award.
- Finalist - Guardian Family Friendly Award 2008.
- Short listed – British Construction Industry Awards 2008. Short listed for both the best practice and Prime Ministers Better Building Awards.
- Short listed - Highlands and Islands Tourism Awards 2008: Innovation category.
- Winner – Shetland Environmental Awards 2007.
- Winner - Glasgow Institute of Architects Design Award 2007.
- Runner up – Coast Awards 2007: Best new building by the sea.